Jewellery and Make-up
- Girls should not wear any jewellery. Religious emblems may be worn with special permission from the Deputy Head (Pastoral)
- Girls whose ears have been pierced may wear a single pair of silver or gold studs in the lobe only. However, they will be asked to remove earrings at the start of every PE lesson. If your daughter wishes to have her ears pierced, the school advises this should be done at the start of the summer holidays. Earrings must be removed for every PE lesson and taping is not permitted
- A nose stud, or any other such facial piercing, is not permitted
- Make up and nail polish are not permitted and girls will be asked to remove it
- Hair dye is not permitted
- Two padlocks – one for their PE locker and one for their Book Locker. Year 7 must provide two padlocks at the start of term. For ease, we suggest combination locks; a 2.5cm shackle is sufficient. For example Padlock example
- All valuables should be locked away in school lockers at the beginning of the school day. Changing rooms are not locked during PE lessons
- A sensible bag for carrying school books
Members of the school choirs and orchestras will be required to wear ‘concert black’. Girls across the Senior School should wear smart and festive black clothes of a cut and style that suits them. T-shirts and jeans or leggings are not permitted. They should wear black tights and smart flat shoes.
Second hand Uniform
The Friends of Putney High School (FOPHS) run excellent second hand uniform sales in September, March and June.