Sixth Form

Mrs Bryony Gough, Director of Sixth Form

The ethos of our Sixth Form is epitomised by our intellectually confident and ambitious students. Everything that we provide is designed to help them fulfil and exceed their potential.

From the moment they set foot in our world-class Sixth Form Centre, students are immersed in a culture that encourages academic rigour, rewards curiosity and builds a wider sense of community.

Our A Level teaching is designed around seminar style learning with students expected to lead conversation and debate with their teachers and peers. The curriculum has been specifically designed to foster an environment more akin to university level study, supported and led by knowledgeable and experienced subject experts in every classroom.

Walking around the Sixth Form Centre, it is clear that this undergraduate-style environment permeates every aspect of life. Our Diner, exclusively for Sixth Form use, will routinely see students engaged in passionate discussions while the Lounge offers the chance to read and relax in a space designed to emulate a junior common room.

Life outside the classroom is as vibrant and stimulating as the lessons within. The diversity of opportunity and the individual support offered to each student is not easily matched. Our Sixth Form is a spirited, ambitious and innovative

Putney High School’s multi-million pound purpose-built Sixth Form Centre sets a new benchmark. We understand that students need to be prepared for life at university and beyond. We offer:

• Study areas designed specifically for sixth formers, incorporating cutting-edge technology and latest design features
  • Specialist Sixth Form seminar rooms designed with the learning needs of Sixth Formers in mind
  • An internet cafe as well as a professionally staffed diner with a spectacular rooftop terrace, providing a delicious selection of hot and cold food and snacks, including sushi, paninis, freshly cooked pasta and home-made cupcakes
  • A professionally-equipped Fitness Centre only for Sixth Form use
  • A large, well-resourced Careers Centre

BA (Sheffield), History and Politics

Tap here to discover more about Putney High School