Future plans

Working with the Girls Day School Trust (GDST), Putney High School is proposing a significant investment in Putney High School to build upon its success in delivering a first class education.

The proposals would refurbish and replace older facilities at the school, ensuring that we can continue to offer our pupils the best possible teaching facilities and highest quality learning experience.

We would like to thank everyone who attended and provided feedback at our exhibition in the summer.

Following a review of all the feedback received we have now amended our proposals. To download a copy of our newsletter which outlines the ways we have responded to feedback, please click here.

As of November 2017, the London Borough of Wandsworth (LBW) has resolved to approve our application for a small increase in pupil numbers to enable Putney High School to provide a consistent four form entry into Year 7. 

This consistency allows us to plan more effectively and efficiently to maintain a rich and diverse academic and co-curricular programme for every pupil, safeguarding smaller subjects and ensuring a vibrant school community.

The decision also means we can be clear and consistent about the size of each year group, starting with the cohort joining Year 7 in September 2018.

The change in our ‘Section 106‘ agreement with LBW sets our new pupil number limit at 1060. It is important to note that there will be no increase in numbers in the Junior School. The increase in the Senior School will be phased in gradually.

In discussing our plans with our neighbours, it is clear that we share a commitment with them to making local streets safer, and to minimising traffic in the area generally. To this end, we continue to work hard on our travel plan. In 2018, we will introduce some school-run bus routes, initially from Barnes and Wimbledon. More details on the launch date of this service and how to book will follow in the spring term.

We are committed to helping improve the school’s role in the wider traffic management of the Lytton Grove area. We would like to hear your views about our measures and on how they can be further improved. Please click here to provide your feedback. 

If you have any questions about our plans or would like to be added to our mailing list, please contact Cascade Communications who are assisting us on our community consultation, using the details below.

E: consultation@cascadepr.co.uk

T: 020 7871 3565

Or write to us:

Freepost -RTUA-THGR-LUYK

Cascade - Public Consultation

26 Noel Street

London

W1F 8GY

Tap here to discover more about Putney High School