Putney Ideas Exchange and PIE+

PIE and PIE+ are Putney High School’s platform for speakers from a diverse range of backgrounds and industries to share their life lessons and experiences with the students. Pupils get the opportunity to understand subjects from unique perspectives, to think about their future careers and to challenge themselves with intellectual debates and new ideas.

PIE talks are open to all Senior School pupils and generally take place at lunch time, with recent speakers including Maryam Khan, Fundraising and Tributes Coordinator at Médecins Sans Frontières, Rebecca Hopkins of UK beauty brand Balanceme, the architect Gabrielle Code who worked on the Gardens by the Bay project in Singapore and Laura Holgate, Editor of ITV News at Ten.

The new PIE+ lecture series invites prominent figures to take to the stage in our state of the art Performing Arts Centre in front of an audience of students, staff, parents and members of the public. We launched PIE+ in March with the renowned neurosurgeon Dr Henry Marsh CBE, who gave a talk covering his experiences working in brain surgery around the world, giving insight the complex and often flawed state of the human brain and his diary of the reality of the role which became a best-seller.

If you would like to express interest in giving a PIE or PIE+ talk, please contact us.

Tap here to discover more about Putney High School