News of Alumnae

Catch up with this year's alumnae news here or follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more regular updates. We would love to hear what you are up to - let us know by emailing the Development Office at phsoga@put.gdst.net.

GDST Alumna of the Year goes to... Jenny Beavan!

Jenny Beavan (Class of 1968) won a BAFTA award and an Oscar for Best Costume Design for Mad Max: Fury Road. It was her 10th Oscar nomination and her second statuette; she won in 1986 with “A Room with a View”. Jenny also received a Tony Award nomination for Best Costume Design for the play Private Lives. Her credentials also include The King’s Speech, Sherlock Holmes, The Black Dahlia and, of course, Mad Max: Fury Road. Most recently Jenny was awarded the 'Alumna of the Year' award for her talent and most of all amazing sense of self, Jenny is the epitome of a Putney High School girl: confident, courageous and composed.

GDST Emerging Talent Award goes to Putney Alumna Rachel Singer!

The GDST Emerging Talent Award was launched three years ago as part of the GDST's commitment to support alumnae in their lives beyond school. It is aimed at former students who need financial assistance to realise their big ideas in particular fields. In 2016 the award focused on alumnae within the creative arts. 

Putney High School alumna Rachel Singer (Class of 2009) is a trained tailor with an ambition to eventually open her own house on Savile Row, the first tailor to offer bespoke tailoring to just women.Rachel has used the £3,000 award to purchase essential tailoring equipment which has enabled her to build a studio and take on private commissions, strengthening her skills and professional profile. Find out more about Rachel's bespoke tailoring business here.

On winning the award, Rachel said, " I am so grateful to the GDST. My eventual goal is to open a bespoke women's tailors on Savile Row and it feels really special for the GDST, where my ambitions started to kindly support my future."

#MondayMotivation: Sophie Simnett (Class of 2016)

Since leaving Putney High School Sophie has been starring in a Disney hit series which is broadcast all over the world. Read about how she got there, her top tips for budding actors and what else in in store for Sophie.Click here to read about her career so far. 

Past #MondayMotivation articles

Recent Putney Events

OGA Annual Reunion 2016

Over 135 alumnae attended the OGA reunion on Saturday 14th May. It was a fun filled day which included a peak into the archives and a fantastic lunch then tours!

To travel through the decades of Putney High School read through Mrs Longstaff's speech from the day! 

Class of 2010 Five Year Reunion - 7 November 2015

Over 100 Old Girls and staff attended the Class of 2010's Five Year Reunion in the Senior School Library. After drinks and canapes they explored the school including the Performing Arts Centre and the Sixth Form Centre, both which were built after the Class of 2010 left!

Thank you to everyone who came back! It was great to see you. Look out for your photos on our facebook page facebook.com/putneyhighschoolOGA

Latest Putney High School insert in GDST's Verve

2015

Putney Alumnae Highlights

Tap here to discover more about Putney High School