Latest Alumnae News

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more regular updates. We would love to hear what you are up to - let us know by emailing the Development Office.

Class of 2012 Reunion

The Class of 2012 celebrated their five Year Reunion back at Putney High School on Saturday 11 November.

It was a fantastic afternoon, where alumnae, staff and former staff caught up on recent news, reminisced over fond Putney memories and took a trip down memory lane as they wandered around the school.

Have a look at some photos from the event here.

We can’t wait for the next reunion in May!

In 2016 Putney High School had a Great Year Celebrating Alumnae:

GDST Alumna of the Year goes to... Jenny Beavan!

Jenny Beavan (Class of 1968) won a BAFTA award and an Oscar for Best Costume Design for Mad Max: Fury Road. It was her 10th Oscar nomination and her second statuette; she won in 1986 with “A Room with a View”. Jenny also received a Tony Award nomination for Best Costume Design for the play Private Lives. Her credentials also include The King’s Speech, Sherlock Holmes, The Black Dahlia and, of course, Mad Max: Fury Road. Most recently Jenny was awarded the 'Alumna of the Year' award for her talent and most of all amazing sense of self, Jenny is the epitome of a Putney High School girl: confident, courageous and composed.

GDST Emerging Talent Award goes to Putney Alumna Rachel Singer!

The GDST Emerging Talent Award was launched three years ago as part of the GDST's commitment to support alumnae in their lives beyond school. It is aimed at former students who need financial assistance to realise their big ideas in particular fields. In 2016 the award focused on alumnae within the creative arts. 

Putney High School alumna Rachel Singer (Class of 2009) is a trained tailor with an ambition to eventually open her own house on Savile Row, the first tailor to offer bespoke tailoring to just women.Rachel has used the £3,000 award to purchase essential tailoring equipment which has enabled her to build a studio and take on private commissions, strengthening her skills and professional profile. Find out more about Rachel's bespoke tailoring business here.

On winning the award, Rachel said, " I am so grateful to the GDST. My eventual goal is to open a bespoke women's tailors on Savile Row and it feels really special for the GDST, where my ambitions started to kindly support my future."

#Mondaymotivation

Charlotte Griffiths (Class of 2000)

Charlotte excelled in her GP exams, becoming a top military candidate. Since qualifying as a GP in 2015, she has worked at two shore establishments and is now the Principle Medical Officer at HMS EXCELLENT which is home to the Navy Command Headquarters. 

Click here to read more ...

Past #Mondaymotivation articles

Tap here to discover more about Putney High School