How to give

There are many ways of making a gift to Putney High School:

Give Online

You can support the school by making an online gift (Direct Debits, too!)

Give by Direct Debit

Direct Debits are a great way to give regularly, which helps the school plan for future spending. You can sign up quickly and easily online or fill in the gift form and post it in to the school.

Putney High School
35 Putney Hill
London
SW15 6BH 

Legacies

Putney High School is an intellectually challenging, stimulating environment for girls, and although we are academically successful, ours is not a rich school. Leaving a gift to Putney in your will is a wonderful way to show your support for your old school, and make a real impact on girls’ education for generations to come. The best thing is: almost anyone can make a bequest.

You can make a bequest for something specific, like bursaries, or you can give to where the school’s needs are greatest, and whether the gift is big or small, it makes a difference.

Recent changes to Inheritance Tax laws also mean there are tax incentives to leave charitable bequests; leaving 10% or more of your inheritance to charity will mean you qualify for the reduced rate of Inheritance Tax of 36% (down from 40%). To find out more visit the HMRC website

If you intend to make a bequest, or have already made provisions in your will for the school, please do get in touch and let us know you are thinking of us. You only need share the details you would like to tell us, and we would like to thank you, and also send you regular updates of what’s happening at Putney.

Maximise your impact - Tax Efficient Giving

The Girls’ Day School Trust is a registered charity in the UK (charity number 306983), and as such your donations can benefit from tax efficient giving schemes.

Standard rate taxpayers - sign a Gift Aid form!

Gift Aid is a great opportunity to increase the value of your gift at no extra cost to you. As a registered charity, the GDST can add a total of 25% to the value of your gift if you are a UK taxpayer. For example, a £100 gift will be worth £125 to Putney High School with the addition of Gift Aid. To claim Gift Aid, all we need from you is a declaration confirming that you pay tax in the UK.

You can download a Gift Aid form or sign the Gift Aid part of your gift form. Online donors will be prompted to do this as part of the online donation process

Higher rate taxpayers

If you are a higher-rate taxpayer in the UK, you may also be entitled to claim back the difference between the higher and basic rates of tax on the gross value of your donation at the time of your tax return.

Matched giving

Several companies offer a matched giving scheme for charitable donations. Download a list of employers, or speak to your Human Resources/Personnel department to see if they would be interested in matching your gift to the GDST for Putney High School.

Payroll giving or Give As You Earn

You can make donations BEFORE tax through payroll giving, which is run by the Charities Aid Foundation. Donations through Give As You Earn (GAYE) are deducted before tax so each £1.00 you give will only cost you 80p, and if you're a higher rate tax payer it will only cost you 60p.

Find out more and sign up at CAF Give As You Earn.

International Giving

Gifts from the USA

US tax payers can make tax-deductible gifts through the British Schools and Universities Foundation (BSUF). Donations are made payable to the BSUF who will make a contribution without charge on your behalf to the Girls’ Day School Trust and Putney High School. Please indicate the Girls’ Day School Trust as your choice of charity.

If you intend to give a gift through BSUF, please get in touch so we know the intention of your gift.

Visit www.bsuf.org for more information. Preferences are always respected, but all grants are made at the discretion of BSUF as required by the United States Internal Revenue Service.

Gifts from Europe

Many European countries are now giving tax efficient benefits for donations to support foreign charities. The Girls’ Day School Trust is a registered charity in the UK (charity number 306983), so if you pay tax in Europe, you may be eligible to receive tax benefits.

Visit www.transnationalgiving.eu for more information

Tap here to discover more about Putney High School