Careers and mentoring

There is no one better to advise and support current Putney students, than the women who have been there themselves. Your experience and insight could be invaluable to our current students, and there are many ways you can get involved with the school.

Recent Leavers: Alumnae Lunches

Have you recently left Putney High School, and want to help Sixth Formers in their post-A Level choices? The school is looking for recent leavers like you to take part in alumnae lunches (run by the Putney Careers department) to help Sixth Formers make decisions about their future. Sessions are held in university holidays, so no need to make a special trip to London!

Email Ms Norman to take part

Speak at a Careers Event

Old Girls help the curriculum come to life when they come in to talk to students at Putney. Sign up to be a speaker to help with Careers Focus evenings or by running or hosting workshops on soft skills such as interview or CV skills.

Sign up to speak by emailing Ms Heap

Offer Work Experience to Years 11-13
The GDST Careers Mentoring Scheme

As a Putney Old Girl, you will not only benefit from the network of Putney alumnae but also the larger community of GDST alumnae. With an Alumnae Network of over 60,000 there are many ways that former GDST students can support and guide one another both professionally and personally.

The GDST launched a mentoring pilot which took place from January to September 2014. The aim of the pilot is to use the findings to look at how a wider scheme can be rolled out in 2015.

Read more on the GDST Mentoring page

GDST Networking Groups
One of the major benefits of such a diverse community of alumnae is the opportunity to network with like-minded people working in the same industry as you. With this in mind, in the autumn of 2014, the GDST launched new networking groups for alumnae based in London and the South-East, working in:
  • Law
  • City (Business, Commerce and Finance)
  • Stem (Online groups: Engineering, Technology, Health and Medicine)

Tap here to discover more about Putney High School