The sports teachers always believed in me and it's because of them that I began the England pathway"
Sophie Allan, England lacrosse player
Sports Scholarships are available at 11+ (Year 7 entry). Candidates must also satisfy the Putney High School entry requirements. Any girl accepting a scholarship will be expected to participate fully in the sporting life of the school and represent it in their chosen sport throughout their time here. Our sports scholars are positive role models, worthy sports performers and possess leadership qualities. We also have an Elite Sportswomen Programme to nurture and support able athletes. Please click here for details
A scholarship might be awarded in the following sports:
Key dates – 11+ (Year 7)
- Deadline for applications: Thursday 16 November 2017 at 4pm
- Assessment: 10 January 2018 (in the afternoon following the 11+ examinations in the morning)
Candidates should represent a club, region, county or country or have a recognised ranking in her sport.
Applying for a Sports Scholarship
Alongside the application form (below), please submit a sports portfolio to include:
- Personal statement outlining why your daughter should be considered
- Details of sporting achievements and training schedules
- Reference from your daughter’s coach using our Sports Scholarship Reference Form (below)
- A sports reference from her current Headteacher
Short-listed applicants will be invited to:
- Participate in team building exercises
- Demonstrate a good level of fitness and ability in a range of activities. These will include activities where basic skills will be assessed, such as racket skills, ball skills, as well as some simple gymnastics movements. These activities will be carried out in the Sports Hall or on the Netball Courts.
- Bring along copies of sports certificates and medals won for sporting endeavours to show during a friendly, informal interview with a member of the PE Department.
- Those applying for a gymnastics scholarship should be prepared to perform a routine of no longer than 1.5 minutes