Completed Projects

Thanks to the support of the Putney High School community, throughout the last five years we have been able to fund pioneering projects for the school and inspirational additions to the curriculum.

"I cannot thank our supporters enough for helping the Annual Find grow every year. It has been inspiring to see what Putney can achieve" Mrs Suzie Longstaff , Headmistress

A writer in residence

We were delighted to have Matt Greene work with the Junior and Senior girls throughout the year to inspire them in their creative writing. Matt Greene is the award-winning author of Ostrich, a coming of age book about a boy suffering with epilepsy.He has also written for stage and screen, including at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival.

Matt says "Working at Putney has been in equal parts a privilege and a pleasure. It's been enormously invigorating to be surrounded by so many welcoming and gifted young writers. Time and time again I've been blown away not just by the talent, imagination and application of the girls I've had the chance to teach but by how fearless they are about sharing their ideas, many of which I've already stolen and sent to myself in a time-stamped envelope. There have been too many highlights to mention, ranging from the time I was lucky enough to spend in the Junior school to our Year 12 after school group, many of whom I'm sure will go on to become household names, but one thing I can definitely tell you: I'm leaving with an almost inexhaustible supply of ideas for how to dispose of a human body (ask your daughter). From the bottom of my heart: thanks so much for having me."

Long Jump Pit

The long Jump Pit has been installed in the AstroTurf and is regularly utilised for athletics training. It is used by Junior and Senior girls alike,to train without having to leave the school grounds.

A new quad for the Boatclub

Our boat club over the past year has gone from strength to strength and now they have the boat that will help them fulfil a long-held ambition:to compete for the Diamond Jubilee Challenge Cup at Henley Royal Regatta. The quad will be used by the 40 strong senior squad this year to train and compete in.

The Performing Arts Centre

Thanks to the generous support of the Putney High School community, the £250,000 target for the Performing Arts Centre was reached. The Centre was opened in Autumn 2015 and we have been able to provide this new performance space with state-of-the-art equipment.

Dance, Drama and Music are tremendously strong at Putney and the Performing Arts Centre offers a fantastic space to showcase and further develop our girls’ enthusiasm and talents both on stage and behind the scenes, in theatre management for example.

Without the backing of the Putney High School community (through the Annual Fund 2013/14) and Friends of Putney High School (FOPHS), we would not be able to benefit from these facilities, so thank you to everyone who donated.

It is so exciting to see longstanding plans brought into reality, and one can detect more than the usual buzz of expectation and anticipation at all that the future holds for our school.

Putney High School's Sixth Form Centre

Putney High School’s state-of-the-art Sixth Form Centre was completed in November 2011 and officially opened by Academy Award winning costume designer and Putney Old Girl Jenny Beavan (PHS 1961-1968) on 6 January 2012.

The purpose-built, three storey building contains numerous seminar rooms, equipped with cutting edge ICT technology and the latest design features, as well as an Internet Café, Diner, Careers Area and Lounge. Thanks to the generosity of our benefactors, the inspirational new Centre also contains its own art room, The Taylor Art Studio, and rooftop terrace, The Gibbs Terrace, from where the girls can enjoy the fresh air and the fine views from Putney Hill.
The new building also proudly boasts the Friends of Putney High School (FOPHS) Fitness Centre, equipped with treadmills, exercise bikes and rowing machines, where the girls can work out in between and after lessons. There’s even a Boardroom, where the girls can engage in leadership activities that will help to equip them with the skills and experience expected by world-leading universities.

Today, the new Sixth Form Centre is providing Putney girls with a truly exceptional educational and supportive environment in which they can achieve their highest potential. The school would like to once again thank all our Acorns to Oaks donors without whose generous support, the completion of this impressive project would not have been possible.

Tap here to discover more about Putney High School