At 16 plus, scholarships are available for:
- Design Technology
Academic, Art, Design, Drama, Music and Sport Scholarships are awarded on merit up to the value of 50% of fees. Scholarship results are posted home before the end of the Autumn term.
Scholarship application deadline is 20 October 2017 for September 2018 entry.
General points about applications and assessment criteria
- We encourage applications from all students.
- Academic applicants will sit a scholarship examination at the end of the mock examination period. This tests general thinking skills rather than knowledge.
- Drama, Music and Sport applicants will be interviewed on the scholarship examination day and asked to present some of their work. Performance and commitment in the relevant discipline will also be considered. These applicants do not sit the scholarship examination.
- Art and Design applicants are interviewed and asked to present a portfolio of work. Performance and commitment in the relevant discipline will also be considered. Art and Design applicants do not sit the academic scholarship examination.
- In recent years, between 10 and 15 Academic Scholarships have been awarded.
- Where there are a number of outstanding candidates we have awarded several scholarships in each of the Art, Design, Drama, Music and Sport categories.
- Students can be awarded more than one scholarship (although this is rare) and are encouraged to apply for more than one.