Super Curricular Excellence

Responsibility built my confidence, showed me the value of teamwork, gave me the chance to network."
Old Girl

It’s important to us that life outside of the classroom is just as vibrant and stimulating as the lessons themselves. The diversity of our offering across Art, Design, Drama, Music and Sport - not to mention opportunities for trips and visits - is not easily matched. Sixth Form life is fun, and girls will never have a dull moment.

Societies such as Psychology Club, Medical Society, Model United Nations as well as the student organised PIE+ lecture series are just some examples of the rich and varied super curricular offering designed to stretch, challenge and engage students intellectually. Students are afforded every opportunity to get involved in activities and events to help them push at the limits of what it means to be an intellectually confident, high achieving student.

Opportunities include:

• Elite and inclusive sports teams (lacrosse, netball, rowing, football, tennis, volleyball, gymnastics)
  • Outstanding facilities include our own boathouse as well as the FOPHS Fitness Suite which is exclusively for Sixth Form use
  • Sixth Form specific drama productions, making use of our Performing Arts Centre, with professional sound and lighting facilities
  • Outstanding musical provision, both singing and instrumental

Student leadership is paramount

The Sixth Form provide leadership across the school. This is seen formally, through our Head Girls, prefects and House Officials, as well as informally through student involvement in book groups for example

Tap here to discover more about Putney High School