Sixth Form Curriculum

Did you know?
100%
of our French & Spanish A Level entrants achieved an A*- B in 2017

Exceptional teaching means that our sixth formers have an unrivalled thirst for learning and are academically curious and resilient. We pursue excellence with and on behalf of our students in whatever their chosen field might be.

We offer A Levels because they give students the chance to develop a real depth of knowledge in subjects about which they are passionate. Students typically study three or four A Levels. There is a wide range of A Level options and a free choice of subjects, meaning that our curriculum offering can be truly personalised, giving the best possible platform for success.

All A Level subjects are taught in a seminar style, led by teachers who are experts in their field. Extension reading lists and discussion groups provide students with a rich forum for debate.

Many students will take three A Levels during their time at Putney, although studying four will also be an option. Girls have the chance to supplement their A Level study with other qualifications, such as the highly regarded Extended Project Qualification. This allows students to truly tailor their A Level experience to their individual needs, providing the best possible foundation for university study.

Learning at Putney is not simply confined to the classroom. All students are encouraged to read widely and engage with their subjects outside lessons, with external speakers and visits to museums and exhibitions a regular feature for students.

Our one-to-one iPad provision allows us to be at the forefront of digital learning, providing new insights into subject areas above and beyond what has been previously possible.

We offer A Levels in:

In addition to A Levels, we offer:

• The intellectually rewarding Extended Project Qualification, in which students undertake independent research in an area of their choosing. An AS Level, it is highly valued by universities who want to see evidence from students of deeper learning. One of the first Sixth Forms to adopt the EPQ, we have a strong track record of securing excellent results
  • AS Levels in Mathematics, English Literature and Modern Foreign Languages
Tap here to discover more about Putney High School