I moved to this school when I was eight and it was the best choice I ever made. I love all the activities."
Year 6 Pupil
Girls experience a wider range of subjects delivered by an increased number of specialist teachers. From Year 3 onwards, girls benefit from specialist Computing. From Year 4, Science is introduced while specialist Spanish and Mathematics are introduced in Year 5.
PE activities broaden to include Gymnastics, Tennis, Rounders, Athletics, Netball, Dance and POP-Lacrosse. All girls from Year 3 upwards have the opportunity to take part in sporting competitions which are designed to be inclusive while still promoting excellence.
Digital learning is embedded across the curriculum and every girl in Years 4, 5 and 6 is provided with her own iPad, helping her to take an increasingly active role in her learning. Girls enjoy an array of experiences including regular educational visits and residential trips.
In this way, girls are able to prepare for the routine of the Senior School.
- Increase in specialist teachers
- Regular class trips and visits from experts
- Residential trips from Years 4 to 6
- Personal iPads for every girl in Years 4, 5 and 6
- Extensive co-curricular programme of activities and clubs
- Orchestra and Choir
- Sporting opportunity to compete against schools at regional and national level
- Increased development of independent skills and positions of responsibility
Curriculum: Art, Design Technology, English, Modern Languages, Geography, History, ICT, Mathematics, Music, RE, Thinking and Learning Skills as well as Lifeskills and Physical Education (swimming, gymnastics, netball, tennis, dance, rounders, athletics.)