A real sense of friendliness, looking out for each other and kindness is palpable."
The Good Schools Guide
Did you know?
books typically read by Year 1 girls during term time
At this stage, we aim to develop secure foundations in literacy and numeracy. The curriculum broadens to encourage academic rigour delivered through hands-on, stimulating activities. Class teachers teach the majority of subjects with an emphasis on first hand, active learning. Specialist teaching continues, for French, Music and PE, with Swimming introduced. Links are made between subjects and girls are encouraged to broaden and deepen their experience through co-curricular activities and a rich programme of visits.
- Most subjects taught by class teacher
- Cross-curricular links made between subjects where possible
- Regular class visits to local museums and places of interest
- Specialist Modern Languages, Music and PE lessons
- Dedicated specialist teaching areas
- English Speaking Board examinations in Year 2
- Lunchtime and after-school clubs and activities
Curriculum: Art, Design Technology, English, Geography, History, ICT, Mathematics, Modern Languages, Music, RE, Science,Thinking and Learning Skills as well as Lifeskills, Wellbeing and Physical Education (swimming, gymnastics, skipping, mini-tennis, dance).