Did you know?
books typically read by Year 1 girls during term time
At this stage, we aim to develop secure foundations in literacy and numeracy. In addition, class teachers - supported by teaching assistants - introduce cross-curricular lessons to make connections across subject learning, to expand girls’ horizons and to encourage them to develop the habits of an independent learner. Learning is brought alive through a rich programme of visits and girls enjoy the benefit of subject specialists for Modern Languages, Music, Swimming and Tennis.
- Most subjects taught by class teacher
- Cross-curricular links made between subjects where possible
- Regular class visits to local museums and places of interest
- Specialist Modern Languages, Music and PE lessons
- Dedicated specialist teaching areas
- English Speaking Board examinations in Year 2
- Lunchtime and after-school clubs and activities
Curriculum: Art, Design Technology, English, Geography, History, ICT, Mathematics, Modern Languages, Music, RE, Science,Thinking and Learning Skills as well as Lifeskills and Physical Education (swimming, gymnastics, skipping, mini-tennis, dance).