ISI Report

Top marks in every category 

“A spirit of innovation, openness and creativity” pervades Putney High School, according to the Independent Schools Inspectorate which has awarded Putney the highest possible grading in every category.

The ISI report, which follows an inspection this autumn, concludes: “The school is highly successful in fulfilling its aim to achieve academic excellence through a love of learning. The pupils’ achievement and learning are exceptional.”

Inspectors observed:

“The quality of the pupils’ personal development is excellent due to the many and varied opportunities provided for them in school and the high quality of welfare and pastoral support.”

“Pupils are ardent learners, intellectually curious and sufficiently confident to take risks in their learning.”

“In a caring and supportive environment, (students) are encouraged to develop confidence and to have a can-do attitude to fulfil their academic ambitions.”

“Teaching methods are frequently imaginative and innovative.”

“Excellent expressive, creative, artistic and musical skills are evident in all ages.”

“On leaving the school, (students) have developed an excellent sense of self and a confident determination to make a difference.”

The ISI report states:

• The quality of pupils’ achievements and learning is exceptional.
  • The contribution of curricular and extra-curricular activities is excellent.
  • The contribution of teaching is excellent.
  • The spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of pupils is excellent.
  • The contribution of arrangements for pastoral care is excellent.
  • The contribution of arrangements for welfare, health and safety is excellent.

An ‘exceptional’ grading is only possible in the pupils’ achievements and learning category and can only be awarded if all other categories are deemed excellent.

The Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) is the body approved by the Department for Education for the purpose of inspecting schools belonging to Independent Schools Council (ISC) Associations and reporting on compliance with independent school regulations. ISI inspections are also carried out under arrangements of the ISC Associations for the maintenance and improvement of the quality of their membership. 

Please click the link below to download the report.

ISI Report 2015 (PDF, 115KB)

Please click here to login to the ISI Secure Area

Tap here to discover more about Putney High School